Thursday, April 30, 2009

Perfectly cooked delicious homemade pizza can even be made with the world's worst oven

This is how you turn on my oven:
1. light a match
2. stick your hand into the gas chamber while simultaneously holding down the dial on the top of the stove
3. close your eyes otherwise the gas will burn them off
4. re-do steps 1-3 because the inflamed match is about to inflame your finger
5. "
6. Once the oven is lit (little flame) hold down the dial for 5 minutes and wait for the big flame
7. Repeat 1-5 because you take your hand off the dial prematurelyMy oven has two temperatures, FULL BLAST FLAMES and OFF. In the 4 months that I've lived in this apartment, I have only used the oven once and made a royal mess of a lasagna...but the other night I was in the mood for pizza so I thought I'd give it a shot...Success! Probably the best pizza I have had in months. This does not say much as pizza for porteños means soggy tasteless bread with mounds of cheese and extra grease toppings.
This pizza has fresh mozarella, basil, tomatoes and roasted red and yellow peppers. It's no deep dish from Piero's....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
counter