Monday, October 12, 2009

I have to fill a prescription, could you run to Poison Pharmacy and pick me up my meds?

Names and signs written in Spanish are instantly funny to me. It is even funnier when the names are copied from English, with the meaning either lost in translation, or just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. To me, the absolute best is when the name is copied in English, but completely inappropriate for the store/product that is being advertised.

Proyecto Cartele, or Project Signs, is a website devoted to graffiti and signs that just make you laugh and wonder - who were the geniuses who came up with this?

1 comment:

  1. Dear,
    Poisson with double S is a French word and a family name as well. Most probably is the name of the owner. It is not a bad copy of English.
    Luis.

    ReplyDelete

 
counter