Monday, October 19, 2009

Update: Rich complainers prevail!

Last week I wrote an entry about the time change fiasco... here are some updated:
  • The time didn't change! At the last minute, they called it off.
  • There was no coverage on the time change - there was coverage on fútbol, Miss Plastic Surgery 2009, and segments how ketchup has less calories than mayonnaise.
  • The main newspaper's current time had been changed reflecting day light savings time, as did timeanddate.com and a few other online publications while the "news" stations (yes, I always put that word here in quotes) did have the correct non-changed time.
I guess what shocked me the most is that no one seemed to give a shit about the debate... no one really seemed to know the correct time, nor did they really care to investigate more to figure it out. I don't know why I find this topic so interesting... I could over analyze and go into a long explanation how this is a prime example of the difference between a North American's perception of time and an Argentine... where I come from, time and punctuality is very important - here it is non existant. Basically, argentime = you can be an hour late for something and blame it on the culture.

I found a brief explanation here on momento24.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
counter